As you may all know mushrooms are one of my favorite medicinal foods. These amazing fungi have so many benefits. Each mushroom has its own unique blend of properties that can hep support your body.
Most mushrooms are good at boosting your immune system. They also are packed with a natural version of Vitamin D called ergocalciferol. This can be used by the body to build hormones, boost the immune system and more.
However, many people have been asking me some of the researched benefits of each mushroom. So I decided to create this blog post to go over some of the most common mushrooms you find and how they may help benefit you.
As always this is based on research and should be used as a guide. Before using anything as a medicine you should consult your doctor and make sure it's the right fit for you.
Well, here it is! The list of some of my favorite mushrooms and how they can help you.
- Lions Mane – good for the mind, memory and cognition, immune boosting.
- Cordyceps – Can promote natural energy. Speeds up recover. Immune boosting
- Shiitake –. Reduces inflammation, helps the skin, tumor fighting, heathy heart and immune boosting.
- Maitake – blood sugar control, high blood pressure, and immune boosting.
- Turkey Tail – Cancer fighting like breast cancer, aids digestion and immune boosting.
- Oyster – Helps fight HIV and cancer, cholesterol lowering and immune boosting.
- Porcini – inflammation fighter and immune boosting.
- Reishi – promotes deep sleep, antiviral, antimicrobial, cancer fighting and immune boosting. Relieve stress and anxiety.
- White Button – prostate and breast cancer and immune boosting.
- Shimeji – tumor fighter, asthma and immune boosting.
- Chanterelle – high in B Vitamins, Vitamins C, D and K. Immune boosting.
- Chaga – rich in antioxidants that can help with oxidation, DNA damage, cardiovascular health, neurological health. Immune Boosting. Good for energy.
Many of these mushrooms you can find in our Mushroom Defense Mix!