Brain Support is a synergistic combination of “smart” nutrients designed to help support normal, healthy brain function.† Supporting brain function becomes even more important as we age. The Brain Support formula is designed to help retard the cognitive decline associated with the aging process.† Cognitive decline is caused by many factors including, oxidative damage from free radicals, damage to blood vessels, poor circulation, accumulation of toxic compounds in brain cells, and inadequate production and function of neurotransmitters. Brain Support is a powerful formula containing key ingredients designed for the support of normal, healthy brain function.†
- European standardized ginkgo biloba from Euromed, containing 24% flavoneglycosides, 6% terpene lactones, 0.8% ginkgolide B (believed to be one of the most active constituents). Euromed Ginkgo is manufactured under rigorous quality control standards and its efficacy has been demonstrated in clinical trials.
- Contains SerinAID® Phosphatidylserine from Chemi Nutra, a world leader in phosphatidylserine research and manufacturing.
- Features DHA from Neuromins life’s DHA® which has been approved by the FDA for infant formula. Neuromins is derived from marine microalgae and is the only vegetarian source of DHA.
- Provides acetyl-L-carnitine, a form of L-carnitine that is able to pass through the highly selective blood-brain barrier.
- Ginkgo biloba protects the elasticity and health of blood vessels that supply the brain.† Ginkgo helps support normal, healthy circulation to the brain.† Improved brain circulation may help support oxygen and glucose uptake as well as removal of waste products, all of which contribute to healthy brain function.† Ginkgo also contains potent antioxidants to help protect the brain against the damaging effects of free radicals.†
- SerinAID® brand of phosphatidylserine (PS) helps provide structural support for brain cell membranes, critical for normal, healthy brain function. PS may help support memory, concentration, focus and other cognitive functions. In addition PS helps promote healthy levels of the stress hormone cortisol, which when produced in excess can impact healthy brain function.†
- Acetyl-L-carnitine (ALC) helps support the production of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine, which is essential for normal, healthy brain function. ALC has been shown to play a role in maintaining normal brain function as we age, and studies demonstrate ALC helps support memory and promote a positive mood.†
- DHA is an omega-3 fatty acid that is critical to the normal structure and function of nerve cell membranes. The brain and retina contain the highest levels of DHA. DHA helps support the brain’s ability to transmit nerve signals and studies show this fatty acid is intimately involved in brain function, particularly mood, memory and behavior.†